“Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere.”Albert Einstein
Every great achievement is born from an imagination, and the only thing that makes any dream impossible is the fear of failure. Famous inventors like the Wright brothers, Albert Einstein, Graham Bell, Thomas Edison, etc dreamt something which was apparently unrealistic, faced lots of challenges and failures, but they stood against all the odds and made their dreams come true. Whenever you hear or read success stories of such people, do you ever wonder how they became so determined and invulnerable? What motivated them and how they managed to succeed despite so many failures and criticism? All these successful people had the courage to give wings to their so-called ‘crazy’ imaginations and their passion for their dreams was reflected in their endless hard work.
Owing to the fear of failure and to ‘what people will say’, many of us have concealed our dreams in the quest for a ‘secure’ life. Robert F. Kennedy has truly said, “Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.”
We get just one life to live our dreams and if we honestly trust our dreams we can fulfill them through our vision, hard work, faith and perseverance. Believe in yourself… Believe in your dreams…
“As you start to walk on the way, the way appears.”Rumi
Lyrics and vocabulary list
When Wright brothers were young, they dreamt of flying high…
They knew they had no wings, but they still wanted to at least try…
People like Graham Bell and Thomas Edison, were laughed at and were criticized…
But today we know, without them, how our lives would have been like…
Do you find it so abstruse(1), how could they be so intrepid(2)?
Did they ever vacillate(3) from their targets? Were they ambivalent(4) about what they were doing?
How they exercised their volitions(5)? How they allayed(6) their trepidations(7)?
What motivated these zealous(8) people, that they never dissimulated(9), and avowed(10) their dreams?
They believed in their dreams…..
They were very perspicacious(11) people, and they allowed their dreams to burgeon(12)…
Their efforts were incessant(13), they didn’t care when people called them eccentric(14)… For their dreams they had profound(15) passion, they made sure their actions were consonant(16) with their dreams…
You too can leave a trace behind, if you stop dissembling(17) your dreams…
It may take a long long time, to achieve the finesse(18) you need…
But if you are a zealous person, who wishes to experience euphoria(19)…
Trust me all you need to do is, trust your dreams…
Believe in your dreams…
Difficult words covered
1) Abstruse- (adj) hard to understand
2) Intrepid- (adj) Invulnerable to fear or intimidation
3) Vacillate- (v) Be undecided about something; waver between conflicting positions or courses of action.
4) Ambivalent- (adj) having simultaneous and contrary feelings.
5) Volition- (n) The capability of conscious choice, decision and intention
6) Allay- (v) calm; pacify
7) Trepidation-(n) fear; apprehension
8) Zealous-(adj) enthusiastically devoted to something; fervent.
9) Dissimulate- (v) Hide (feelings) from other people
10) Avow- (v) to declare boldly; to admit something that some people are reluctant to admit.
11) Perspicacious- (adj) Acutely insightful and wise
12) Burgeon- (v) grow and flourish
13) Incessant- (adj) unceasing; continuing forever, or for an indefinitely long time. 14) Eccentric- (adj) not conventional; irregular
15) Profound- (adj) Showing intellectual penetration or emotional depth
16) Consonant- (adj) harmonious; in agreement
17) Dissemble-(v) Hide under a false appearance
18) Finesse- (n) A highly developed state of perfection; having a flawless or impeccable quality
19) Euphoria- (n) A feeling of great (usually exaggerated) elation; good feeling.